Sunday, January 20, 2008

Brenna's Book List

January 11, 2008

Lots of people have asked me what I have been reading while here in Nicaragua, so here is a list of the books I have read so far. I have read a lot of really good ones, and because all of us volunteers share books, I have a lot more on my bookshelf waiting!

  1. Song of Solomon, Toni Morrison. I rated it 6 out of 10.
  2. The Mapmaker’s Wife, rating:7
  3. Waiting, Ha Jin. Rating: 6
  4. Four Corners, A Journey into the Heart of Paupa New Guinea, Kira Salak. Rating: 8.5
  5. The Creation, E.O. Wison. Rating;7
  6. Year of Wonders, rating: 8.5
  7. Mountains Beyond Mountains, Tracy Kidder. Rating: 9
  8. Cold Sassy Tree, Olive Ann Burns. Rating:9
  9. The House of the Spirits, Isabel Allende. Rating:9
  10. Midwives, Chris Bojorhian. Rating:8
  11. Skinny Legs and All, Tom Robbins. Rating: 7
  12. Guns, Germs and Steel, Jared Diamond. Rating:7
  13. Vinegar Hill, A. Manette Ansay. Rating:7
  14. The Chosen, Chaim Potok. Rating:8.5
  15. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert M. Pirsig. Rating: 6
  16. In The Heart of The Sea, Nathaniel Philbrick. Rating: 7.5
  17. Love in the Driest Season, Neely Tucker. Rating:9
  18. Prodigal Summer, Barbara Kingsolver. Rating:10
  19. The Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls. Rating:9
  20. Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert. Rating, 9
  21. Banker to the Poor, Muhammad Yunus. Rating:8
  22. The Power of One, Bryce Courtenay. Rating:10. This is the second time I have read this book, it’s one of my all time favorites.
  23. I am about to start A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini, author of The Kite Runner.

Please write me with any suggestions for future reading!

1 Comments:

Blogger corinne said...

prodigal summer and the power of one... ahhhhh. just makes me smile thinking about them :) --- shantaram - gregory david roberts (it's what i was reading when i was visiting for your wedding) 8.5

January 21, 2008 2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home