Brenna's Book List
Lots of people have asked me what I have been reading while here in
- Song of Solomon, Toni Morrison. I rated it 6 out of 10.
- The Mapmaker’s Wife, rating:7
- Waiting, Ha Jin. Rating: 6
- Four Corners, A Journey into the Heart of Paupa New
, Kira Salak. Rating: 8.5 Guinea
- The Creation, E.O. Wison. Rating;7
- Year of Wonders, rating: 8.5
, Tracy Kidder. Rating: 9 Mountains Beyond Mountains
- Cold Sassy Tree, Olive Ann Burns. Rating:9
- The House of the Spirits, Isabel Allende. Rating:9
- Midwives, Chris Bojorhian. Rating:8
- Skinny Legs and All, Tom Robbins. Rating: 7
- Guns, Germs and Steel, Jared Diamond. Rating:7
- Vinegar Hill, A. Manette Ansay. Rating:7
Chosen, Chaim Potok. Rating:8.5
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert M. Pirsig. Rating: 6
- In The Heart of The Sea, Nathaniel Philbrick. Rating: 7.5
- Love in the Driest Season, Neely Tucker. Rating:9
- Prodigal Summer, Barbara Kingsolver. Rating:10
, Jeannette Walls. Rating:9 Glass Castle
- Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert. Rating, 9
- Banker to the Poor, Muhammad Yunus. Rating:8
- The Power of One, Bryce Courtenay. Rating:10. This is the second time I have read this book, it’s one of my all time favorites.
- I am about to start A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini, author of The Kite Runner.
Please write me with any suggestions for future reading!